Are you the future Dan Crowe (Port), Dylan Jones (GQ, UK), Wei Koh (The Rake) or David Granger (Esquire, USA)? Have you read the pages of magazines like GQ and Esquire and considered a career as an Editor? We'll here is a chance to get in on the ground floor of a media publishing start-up.
Man Of The Hour is looking for a long-tern (8-to-12 month commitment) Editor. The internship is Editor is unpaid, part-time and will be an online based out of your area of residence as Man of The Hour currently has an all volunteer staff of writers (including the Publisher).
The candidate should possess an aptitude/interest in overseeing the development of content for an upwardly mobile millennial audience.
The candidate should also possess a talent for the development and editing of stories across multiple subjects.
The candidate should possess an ability to ensure that the mission and vision of Man of the Hour is delivered to our audience.
- Acts as ranking site manger under the direction of the Publisher.
- Assists in selecting and supervising the site contributors.
- Assists in disseminate assignments that are congruent with the sites target demographic.
- Works with contributors to develop AP Style articles from original ideas to completed articles.
- Reviewing, and approving content.
- Cross check all citations and examine all the references.
- Conforms to deadlines and production requirements.
- Assists in creating and disseminating all staff related information.
- Excellent verbal as well as written communicating skills.
- Expert at AP Style writing format.
- Effective judgment and decision making skill.
- Expert in managing time and completing the given task within the decided time frame.
- Expert knowledge about communication and mass media.
- Experience and ability to learn new online content media platforms.
- Strong interests in a diverse range of topics geared toward men ranging from business, culture, entertainment, politics, style and technology.
- Previous editorial or content management experience and/or having managed/ran a relevant site of your own.
Official Start Date: ASAP
To learn more about Man Of The Hour view our online Media Kit. Then to apply, applicants should e-mail a cover letter stating your qualifications and/or desire, resume, 3 published clips or writing samples addressed to the Publisher.
Note: Metro San Francisco, New York, Los Angeles and Chicago residents strongly encouraged to apply, but location not required.